Thursday, 5 June 2008

My New Pasta Drying Rack and I've Joined the Foodie BlogRoll!

Well, this week just gets better and better. Hubs has presented me with my long awaited drying rack for my homemade pasta and I was invited to join the Foodie Blog Roll. Feel free to scroll through the Foodie BlogRoll on my sidebar to find some great food blogs and interesting new recipes.

As for the pasta rack.... it was something I really needed. (No, really I did, I'm not spoiled... much.) Picture chairs being hoisted up onto the counter and noodles hanging down from their rungs. (So as to be out of reach from food lovin' puppies) Not a pretty sight. Shown here with carrot dill fettuccine noodles, there are also holes on the back so that I can make a double batch and the legs swivel to support the extra load. Then the dowels come out, the legs fold in, and I can slide it away. I don't know why we didn't make one ages ago, it is the handiest thing!
Carrot Dill Pasta
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour - plus more for kneading and dusting
2 eggs
1 small jar pureed carrots - from the baby food section of your supermarket
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp dry dill weed
Combine and knead until smooth. It should feel like soft leather.
Divide into 4 balls.
Feed though pasta machine according to instructions or roll out and cut with pizza wheel.
Bring large pot of salted water to boil and cook until al dente.
Serve with olive oil, fresh dill, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, or your favourite light pasta sauce.