Tuesday, 10 June 2008

TWD - La Palette's Strawberry Tart

For my first week of participation with the online baking group Tuesdays with Dorie, we have a recipe for a strawberry tart.

The original recipe had the tart shell being served in wedges and topped with a brushing of jam and berries tumbling jovially about the plate.

I was making it for guests who were coming for a BBQ so I decided to assemble it in advance. The tart shell is like shortbread and the berries burst with sweetness. This was a perfect end to a backyard party.

I tossed the berries in Framboise and a pinch of sugar and served it with some frozen yogurt as we are in the middle of a heatwave (yes - it happens in Canada) and I figured - the colder the better!
I loved this tart, I am so glad to have found this book and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comprehensive baking book for their cookbook library. It is a must have.