Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chocolate Chunkers


Tuesday is the sweetest day.


This week in Tuesdays with Dorie, Claudia of Fool for Food selected Chocolate Chunkers on page 70 of the wonderful baking book, Baking: From my Home to Yours. To read the recipe, please click on her site.

Um, well, if I thought that the whopper cookies were chocolate overload, apparently they were only a preview of chocolateyness to come. These cookies have chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. There is a dash of flour so that they might still hold the title of cookies, but just a dash. There are some nuts and raisins, I am thinking just to hold them together. I used toasted pecans and dark raisins. If it were not for them these cookies would almost be truffles. Almost.

I halved the recipe as we are still eating the whopper cookies. They do age well, by the way.

I am still fatigued by chocolate but hubby rates them excellent and superb. He then stated that they reminded him of cottage fare so I am thinking that he means s'mores and decadent, messy fare like that.

Got a thing for chocolate? Make these cookies. And some tea. You are going to need something to wash them down.

Who is taking pictures on our pond?

Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie blogroll to see how the others did.



What do you mean I can't have chocolate cookies?