Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grown Up Mac and Cheese


This week in Barefoot Blogging, Grown Up Mac and Cheese was chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl.

Oh Ina, what can I say? Hubby loves you. Noodles, butter, and 6 cups of cheese? He is in mac'n'cheese heaven and I have you to thank.

I followed Ina's recipe from Barefoot Contessa Family Style, page 202, which has 4 cups of Gruyere and 2 cups of cheddar. It has a generous amount of nutmeg and is topped with fresh tomato slices and breadcrumbs.

This dish got smiles, raves and multiple thumbs up - mostly from hubby. Ina, you have never let us down. I served it with some tender vegetables that I roasted, tossed in white balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. The leftovers were just as tasty the next day.

For the Food Network version, click here. To see how the others fared, check out the Barefoot Bloggers blogroll.