Monday, 8 September 2008

I'd Like to Thank the Academy....

One of the lovelier aspects of food writing in the online community is the generosity of recognition that takes place. In cooking, baking, photographing and writing, we pause and give recognition to other foodies who inspire us, make us laugh and offer us friendship.

This week I have been twice blessed.

Cathy of The Tortefeasor has bestowed on me the honour of the I Love You This Much Award.

In the interest of giving, I would like to pass this award on to a couple of people who make me feel happy.

Cat of 1freshstart. Cat is a "milwife" who is an adventurous cook with a mind to keeping her family healthy and fit. She has a life that is so very different than what I am used to, I am fascinated by her experiences. She is also a very supportive friend and fun to cook with.

And debinhawaii of Kahakai Kitchen (kahakai means beach, I have just learned) who is a fearless cook willing to try anything from around the world and who proves herself a faithful friend and great cheerleader.

n.o.e of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs has been so kind as to give me the Brilliante Weblog Award.

I would like to bestow the honour on some wonderful sites that I read -

Lydia of The Perfect Pantry - Lydia is the best teacher of what to keep on hand, how to store it and how to use it. Plus she has great recipes and features a peek at other people's pantries every Saturday. Pantry Raid!

Peter of Kalofagas Peter just got back from sunning himself in lovely Greece, where he did not take me! What's with that Peter? He has mouthwatering pictures and recipes of Greek food.

Ulrike of K├╝chenlatein (Don't ask me to pronounce that) Another traveller, Ulrike is a scientist in the kitchen. You learn great background information about the ingredients and techniques that she uses.

Michelle of Big Black Dog Ok, first of all - yes, that is her stove and yes, I am in love with it. Second, Michelle is a champion of sustainability and the local food movement.

Barbara of You Gonna Eat All That? who just got back from Malaysia & Singapore and is cooking up a storm from her experiences.

Caitlin from Engineer Baker. I like Caitlin as she is just like me. Expanding her horizons in cooking and baking by playing along with as many baking groups as she can.

and Breadchick Mary from The Sour Dough. First of all, I would automatically fall in love with anyone named Breadchick. Mary makes the most mouthwatering breads and is very loving and tolerant towards amateurs like me!