Tuesday, 30 September 2008

TWD - Creme Brulee


Tuesday is the sweetest day.


For this week's Tuesdays with Dorie, Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake chose Creme Brulee on page 393 of the bestest baking book ever - Baking: From my home to yours.



Now, if ever there was a dessert designed to get that certain someone to fall in love with you all over again - this is it. Luscious and creamy inside and a hard caramel coating. What is not to like?


We love creme brulee, and I do own my own torch just for this one task. "One second dear, Mommy has to set fire to dessert."



I thought that this was a great recipe. I got to use my new shallow creme brulee ramekins (thanks honey!) so that I could achieve perfect custard to crust ratio. The recipe has you cooking the custard low and slow - not needing a bain marie or any other finicky steps. Pop them in the fridge for a few hours, top with sugar and light 'em up before serving. You look like a hero and nobody knows how easy there were to make.



Please see Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake's website for the full recipe and click here for the blogroll.