Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Lenox Almond Biscotti

Tuesday is the sweetest day.

This week in Tuesdays with Dorie, Gretchen of Canela & Comino has chosen Lenox Almond Biscotti on page 141-143 of Dorie Greeenspan's Baking, From My Home to Yours. Please see Gretchen's website for the recipe.
Now, I don't know what is wrong with me but I kept thinking that it was Lemon Almond Biscotti. Even when I was making the recipe - I kept looking at the ingredients and saying, "where are the lemons?". There may have been an explanation about the Lenox part but I didn't notice it.

Back to the biscotti. I am feeling like a real pro now as this is the second time in the last couple of months that I have made biscotti. This took a lot of the fear out of the recipe for me and made me feel like I really was learning a lot with my peers - you.

The biscotti came out beautifully, the first time it is baked as thick logs that flatten out in the oven. Then, when the slabs are cooled, they get cut into 3/4 inch slices and baked again until just crispy. I was worried about the colouring on some of them, that I might have overcooked them, but they turned out just great.

I decided to pose them in glassware of some sort to stand them up and settled on tall shooters with whipped cream in the bottom to make them stand tall. Hubby then sat down and ate 5 of the 6 shooter glasses of cookies and cream, I kid you not. My daughter immediately made tea and grabbed a few cookies from the tray. These were a great success.

Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie blogroll to see how the others fared. If you want to join us, time is running out - contact TWD by the end of the month.