Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Arborio Rice Pudding, With Blueberries.


Tuesday is the sweetest day.
~
This week in Tuesdays With Dorie, Isabelle of Les gourmandises d’Isa chose Arborio Rice Pudding, White, Black (Or Both) on pages 412 and 413 of Dorie's great baking book, Baking: From My Home To Yours. Please see Isabelle's site for the recipe.

I love rice pudding, it is a favourite in our house. This one is nice and light. No eggs, cream or even much sugar.

The choice was ours whether to make the pudding vanilla or chocolate. I chose vanilla, as it is my favourite for rice pudding. I added some blueberries, for colour and a bit of contrast, and sprinkled the top with some maple sugar for a little added sweetness. The rice pudding was very, very good.

I did have to cook the pudding a little longer than Dorie suggested, about ten minutes. It was still soft when I folded in the blueberries but it set up nicely after a few hours in the fridge.

The results were light and sweet and fruity. Practically health food!

To see how the other TWD folk fared, click here.