Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Tall and Creamy Cheesecake

Tuesday is the sweetest day.

This week in Tuesdays with Dorie, Anne of AnneStrawberry chose Tall and Creamy Cheesecake on pages 235-237 of Dorie Greenspan's ultimate baking book - Baking: from my home to yours. Please visit Anne's site, today's date, for the recipe.
I do loves me some cheesecake. The moist richness, light and pillowy - that's for me.
I made this for Christmas dessert, along with little brownies shaped like wreaths for the picky boys.
Lemon zest and juice flavoured the cheesecake, and jarred sour cherries graced the top for extra tartness to contrast the richness of the cheesecake. It was light and mousse-like and a hit after the big dinner.
I found I didn't care for the texture of the leftover cheesecake the next day, it seemed to be a little granular to me. Hubby didn't find this at all and was happy to dispatch it forthwith. Yes, he finished the whole thing, but I did happen to make a half cake.
Stay tuned next week, when half the world makes a pear tart. Just one step closer to world peace...
Addicted to
Tyler Florence Fridays yet? Come play with us in this brand new cooking group where you decide which Tyler Florence recipe to make each week. Choose, create and share - round-up every Friday on the TFF blogsite.