Tuesday, 9 December 2008

TWD - Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies

Tuesday is the sweetest day.

Today in Tuesdays with Dorie, Ulrike of Küchenlatein chose Grandma’s All-Occasion Sugar Cookies on pages 146-147 of Dorie Greenspan's Baking: from my home to yours. Please see Ulrike's site for the recipe.

After my success with the linzer sables last week, I thought all would be easy-peasy this week. I was wrong. I found this dough so very soft, even though chilled, it was like trying to cut out peanut butter after about 20 seconds out of the fridge. I got a few cut out ones and then had to make a log and freeze it. Even then the slices were a little thick. I dusted the cookies with Christmas coloured decorator's sugar and shipped them off to hubby's office. They did disappear pretty quickly so that's always a good thing. They were just frustrating to make....
Check out the TWD blogroll to see how the others fared.