Friday, 1 May 2009

Tyler's Blue Cheese and Chive Dip

A little quickie with Tyler this week, I left the poor boy until the end of the week and then he got bumped by a late night work event of hubby's. What's a poor Tyler-lovin', hubby-feeding gal to do? I made a fairly healthy snack for hubby to come home to starring Tyler's Blue Cheese and Chive Dip. Extra points for using home grown chives.
This made for a perfect end of the evening snack for my tired commuter as well as being very tasty. It is amazing what subtle differences a little honey and lemon juice made to the dip. They rounded out the edges and blended in beautifully.
~
I love my little tray and bowl set, but it takes me forever to remember how they fit together. I guess I am spatially challenged. It reminds me of those tray puzzles for little kids. At playgroup they would hand them to my son to put back together during clean up time, as he could to it faster than the staff and parents. He will appreciate me telling this story too, because every almost 18 year old loves to have their mother brag about their childhood exploits. Sorry, Harry.

Blue Cheese and Chive Dip
Tyler Florence, Dinner at My Place
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise, store-bought
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/2 bunch finely chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, blue cheese, honey and chives in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Serve with chips or crudites.
You can lighten this up by using light versions of the mayo and sour cream or subbing part of it with yogurt.

~
Join us for Tyler Florence Fridays!
Choose, cook, share.
Round-up every Friday, check out the
Tyler Florence Fridays site for details