Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Cheers! To Friendship.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."- Anais Nin

In my time reading and writing about food on the internet I have met lots of people. Some quickly forgotten or vaguely remembered, but many who I have come to correspond with and quite like.
These people have been my teachers and friends, cheerleaders and shoulders to cry on in times of stress.
I never would have imagined how close food blogging could bring people together, but I am grateful.
One friend in particular has been with me day and night; put up with my highs, lows and in-betweens, and has given me nothing but love and encouragement. So for you, on your special day, I have a song and a couple of cocktails. Heck, after a few of these cocktails I might sing it myself! Cheers.

Delicious Banana Mudslides. Don't drink more than a few dozen and don't operate anything more complex than the remote.

This cocktail is from The Best Summer Drinks, 500 Incredible Cocktail and Appetizer Recipes by Ray Foley. It was sent to me by Louise, author of the blogs Tasteful Inventions, Months of Edible Celebrations, and Come to a Kettle Drum. Thanks so much again, Louise!

Banana Mudslide
1/4 oz Kahlua
1/4 oz Irish Cream
1/2 oz Creme des Bananes
1/2 oz Vodka
1 oz cream or whole milk

Blend with ice until smooth.

Makes one small drink. In the pictures, each glass has double this amount. Hey, nothing's too good for my friends!

À votre santé Deb!