Monday, November 16, 2009

The Babes Bake Brioche Mousseline!

What the world needs now,
is butter, sweet butter.

It's the only thing,
that there's just too little of.

What the world needs now,
is butter, sweet butter.

No not just for some,
but for everyone..
With apologies to Burt Bacharach!

This month's celebration of all things bread is blessed with butter. Lots of glistening, soothing butter.

Our host Bread Baking Babe, Monique of Living on Bread and Water, challenged us to make Brioche Mousseline. A tender and light loaf, it can be sky high when baked in metal cans. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find unlined cans in Canada and had to settle for a pot.

I used my cute little enameled cast iron pot, with the lid off, to bake my brioche mousseline.

Ahw, what a cute pot! I found this at my local liquidator's and fell in love.

We are very happy together.

The recipe is easily divided and I made a half batch, reducing the temperature to 350F for compensate for the extra heat of the cast iron.
I didn't get the magnificent height that the other Babes did, but my loaf is tender and buttery like the pillows that foodie angels sleep on.

The top looks a little crinkly, because I baked it up and then we went out soon after. It was smoother when it first came out of the oven, I should have taken the pictures then!

Click here to see the recipe on Monique's site. If you would like to earn a Bread Baking Buddy badge for this month, bake up the Brioche Mousseline and leave a message on Monique's blog by November 23rd.