Here is the creation. I gained five pounds eating it. It was worth it.
Bocconcini Stuffed Mediterranean Bacon Pull Aparts
Makes 1 large loaf, perfect for sharing
* 1 tbsp active dry yeast
* 12 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
* 4 tsp sugar
* 1.5 cups warm water
* 1 egg
* 3.5 cups flour
* 2 tsp kosher salt
* 2 tbsp dried oregano, divided
* 2.5 tsp dried basil, divided
* 1 tsp garlic powder *
* 8-10 oil packed sundried tomatoes (1/3 cup chopped) **
* 12-16 kalamata olives (1/3 cup chopped)
* 1 bunch green onions, about 6 (1 cup chopped and loosely packed)
* 1/2 lb bacon
* 1.5 cups dry grated parmesan cheese ***
* 1/2 tsp red chili powder
* 1 tub (200 g or 36 pieces) mini bocconcini ****
These are the ingredients you will need to buy, now go to Choosy Beggar's site to get her notes and recipe and bake this bread!
This bread was meant for sharing and would be perfect for a game night or home movie night. Make sure you serve it warm and freshly made, then watch as your friends and family devolve to their base instincts and devour the entire loaf. Some growling and scratching may occur as you get down to the last few rolls.
These Bocconcini Stuffed Mediterranean Bacon Pull Aparts have been Yeastspotted!