Panna Cotta is a great dessert for summer; set with gelatin it is cool, soft and slippery and perfect with fruit. David Rocco pairs his ultra creamy panna cotta with sweet, delicious mango for a perfect summer treat. Quick to make, all you need is time to set and you have an impressive and indulgent dessert.
Panna Cotta al Mango
David Rocco, Food Network Canada
* 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (350ml)
* 1/2 cup milk (120ml)
* 3 sheets unflavored gelatin *or adapt for powder
* 1 fresh mango, peeled and cubed
* 1 tablespoon sugar (30ml)
* 1 tablespoon honey (15ml)
1. Pour the cream and milk into a heavy saucepan. Add gelatin sheets.
2. Place pan over medium heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Do not boil. Add sugar and honey and continue to stir until sugar is melted.
3. Just before cream and milk come to a boil, remove from heat. Pour mixture through a strainer to remove foam and to ensure a velvety consistency.
4. Let cooked cream cool down and add 3/4 of the mango. Pour into wine glasses and chill in refrigerator for six hours.
5. Add remaining mango on top of individual glasses as garnish just before serving.