Saturday, 7 August 2010

Saturday Novel Review - Fortunate Harbor by Emilie Richards

Fortunate Harbor
Emilie Richards
Softcover, 528 pages

This is my first novel from prolific novelist Emilie Richards and Fortunate Harbor is actually a follow-up book to her popular novel Happiness Key. Even without having read the former, I quite enjoyed this book. It took me a little while to be convinced that I would care about the characters, five women of diverse backgrounds connected by their proximity in a cluster of little cottages in Florida, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down.

The novel is about friendship, relationships, love, loss and personal growth.

It is chick-lit, to be sure, but very engaging with the thrill of mystery gently cultivated throughout and coming to a crescendo at the end. Pack this one in your beach bag, those 500+ pages go quickly and Fortunate Harbor makes for great summer reading.