Sure, spuds are there when you need them, propping up your otherwise fantabulous meal and asking little of the limelight themselves. But they are stronger than you think - they can handle the heat, and even the glory.
This week, let's kick those spuds up a notch (sorry Emeril) and let humble potato salad be the dish that blows you away. And who better to put fire in something so pedestrian as a potato salad? Mr. Bobby Flay of course.
Take it away Bobby!
Mesa Grill's Southwestern Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
* 1 1/2 cups prepared mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper puree
* 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
* 3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
* 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (I omitted)
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
* 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 16 new potatoes, about 3 to 4 pounds, cooked, drained and sliced 1/2-inch thick (I used Yukon Golds)
Combine all the ingredients, except the potatoes, in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place warm potatoes in a large bowl and pour the mixture over potatoes and mix well. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
|Seriously sexy spuds|