And with the combination of whole wheat and heart-healthy California Walnuts - it packs a nutritional punch.
Your family will be loading up on heart-healthy Omega 3s and they just think they're having lunch. Amazing.
Whole Wheat with Golden Raisins and California Walnuts
adapted from Jeffrey Hamelman's Bread
for the Mellow Bakers
Whole wheat flour - 1 lb
Bread flour - 1 lb
Water - 1 .b, 5.8 oz
Salt - 1 Tbsp
Dry, instant yeast - 1½ tsp
Golden raisins - 4.8 oz
California walnuts, roughly chopped - 4.8 oz
Softened butter for pans
|For more delicious and nutritious walnutty recipes, click here|
- Add all ingredients, except raisins and walnuts, to your stand mixer.
- Mix on first speed for 3 minutes, until combined.
- Adjust hydration if necessary (flour/water) and then add raisins and walnuts.
- Mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Turn out onto board and continue to knead until raisins and nuts are thoroughly combined.
- Place in clean bowl, cover, and let rise 2 hours. Fold after the first hour.
- Divide into two equal pieces and shape into loaves.
- Butter two pyrex loaf pans and place loaves into pans, rubbing a little softened butter onto the tops of the loaves.
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotate pans in oven, and bake another 10 minutes - until you have an internal temperature of at least 185°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Turn out of pans and let cool on racks.
|This bread has been YeastSpotted!|