This leaves you plenty of time for socializing, romancing, cuddling...
If you have the ultimate foodie on your list this year - this would be perfect. If you are that foodie... even better!
Try this Stuffed Turkey Breast with Sweet & Sticky Glaze and Holiday Slaw from KitchenAid - absolutely delicious!
This crunchy slaw with its sweet and tangy vinaigrette is a delicious and refreshing accompaniment to serve with turkey and trimmings. Using your food processor makes the preparation very easy and this salad can even be made days in advance.
½ large green cabbage, cored
1 small fennel bulb, trimmed
8 large red radishes, trimmed
6 green onions, trimmed
1 green pepper, cored
1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
½ cup (125 mL) white wine vinegar cup
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp (75 mL) each oil and maple syrup
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
1. Cut the cabbage into 5 or 6 wedges. Position the adjustable slicing disc in the work bowl and, using the thin setting on High speed, push the wedges through the feeding tube. Transfer to a large bowl. Switch to the coarse side of the reversible shredding disc. Cut the fennel into quarters. Push the fennel and radishes through the feeding
tube; add to the large bowl.
2. Cut the green onion and green pepper into chunks. Use the multipurpose
metal blade to chop finely. Add to the cabbage mixture. Combine the cranberries, vinegar, oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard and salt in a small saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a boil. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 4 days. Makes about 12 cups (3 L).
The slaw was the perfect accompaniment to this gorgeous, glistening beast.
Stuffed Turkey Breast with Sweet & Sticky Glaze
Easy to carve and serve, this delicious turkey breast is a stress-free alternative to the traditional whole bird. Although perfect for a small cozy family gathering, this recipe can also be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
½ French baguette, about 5 oz (150 g)
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1 cup (250 mL) cubed, aged white Cheddar cheese, about 4 oz (125 g)
½ cup (125 mL ) dried apricots, pear or apple
¼ cup (50 mL) each dried cranberries and golden raisins
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
1 boneless, skinless turkey breast, about 1 kg (2 lb), butterflied (see Tip)
½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
½ cup (125 mL) melted apricot jam
2 tbsp (30 mL) each brown sugar, wholegrain Dijon mustard and cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Meanwhile, position the multipurpose blade in the work bowl. Tear the bread into large chunks. Add to the food processor along with the onion, cheese, dried apricots,
cranberries, raisins, 1 Tbsp rosemary, and thyme. Pulse until crumbled but still chunky. Add the egg and butter; pulse just until the stuffing comes together uniformly.
2. Spread out the turkey breast and sprinkle both sides evenly with salt and pepper. Arrange the stuffing on one side; fold over the other side and tie with kitchen twine to securely enclose filling. Transfer to a rack arranged on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
3. Using the mini bowl and blade, blend the apricot jam with the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and remaining rosemary on low speed until combined and smooth. Brush ¼ of this mixture evenly over the turkey breast. Roast, basting liberally with remaining glaze, for 1½ hours or until an instant-read thermometer, inserted into individually into the meat and the stuffing registers 165°F (74°C). Let stand, tented with foil, for 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Tip: To butterfly the turkey, lay the breast flat on a clean work surface. Cut almost all the way through, from one side of the breast so that opens like a book. Or, to simplify preparation, ask the butcher to butterfly
the breast for you before purchasing.
What a fantastic meal. And so easy!
Ready to work!
The heavy duty base gives you solid footing for creating in the kitchen!
|The new KitchenAid 13 Cup Food Processor. The ultimate holiday gift!|